Thursday, November 25, 2010

From Melissa Chaney

 
I only had the opportunity to meet Nick once, yet I have cried every day since he passed.  Someone that can have that kind of impact on a person is someone that will never be forgotten.  I had heard many stories about Nick from Nate while we were starting out in our relationship.  I  was anxious to meet him, as he was the final friend of Nate's that I had to meet and get the "girlfriend stamp of approval" from to be allowed into the coveted inner circle of the Redlands Crew.  As soon as Nate introduced us he gave me a huge hug, told me he loved me and thanked me for making Nate so happy.  His sincerity and loyalty is astounding and is something that we should all strive to achieve.  I am upset that I didn't get to know him as well as most of you, but know that the impact he made on me in just one weekend I will carry with me for the rest of my life. Having experienced that first impression,  I know that those of you that have been friends with him for years will make sure his legend will never be forgotten.  Knowing that everyone will carry Nick with them in their hearts, I hope that will help us move past the mourning and begin to celebrate Nicks life for years to come.
 
All My Love,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment