Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Memorial Service and some updates

via Nick Malone:


The services for Nick have been confirmed.  All services will be held at Arlington Mortuary in Riverside this Sunday 11/28/2010 starting at 11:00am. http://www.arlingtonmortuary.com/
The services start with an open casket viewing from 11:00am-1:00pm for anyone who wants to attend if you are up to it.  Closed casket services start at 1:00pm.  It will be a non-denominational service including honor guard.  There have been a limited amount of flowers ordered for the service.  Feel free to bring flowers if you want to.  However, the money spent would be best used in the form of a donation to the fund Cory is setting up in memoriam of Nick Carter.  All donations will be used towards the service costs for Deanna and Cynthia.  Any donated money left over will be used by Deanna and Cynthia in the future to help other Military/Veteran families going through the same situation. 
--------

A quick note on the fund raising efforts: Cory has informed me that this account will be set up sometime tomorrow for all to contribute donations. Please stay tuned for this. 

I was able to sit down tonight with my best friend, Nathan Schouest, tonight and look over hundreds of photos. Cory, Emily, Scott, Nate and I all enjoyed the photos. Nate has inundated me with pictures, almost too many to post on the photo thread. I'll selectively go through them, but I'm thinking that I'll set up some kind of online album and share all the great pictures we have from Nick's life. 

I must admit that all of Sunday and Monday I was walking around in shock. Its really starting to sink in that this actually happened. I cried into my nachos at Las Fuentes, the first real tears I've shed. More to come I'm certain. I can't stop the questions from flying through my mind about what happened. It was really nice to be able to smile and laugh at all the pictures though. They really are precious, so for all of our sake, lets hope I can get them all loaded onto that album SOON. 

Nate and his mother, Ellen, are going to the Daily Facts tomorrow to submit an obituary for Nick. I am told it will be in the Thursday edition, so please try to pick up a copy or check http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/

My thoughts and prayers are will all who have been affected by this tragic loss, mostly Cynthia and Deanna and D's family. I hope you all are finding your way through this haze. 

- Wes


No comments:

Post a Comment