Monday, November 22, 2010

I miss you

Nick,

Its taken me almost 9 hours just to type these words. Mostly I've been playing Mario Kart, trying not to accept that you are gone. This is the saddest day. The first day that you're not here anymore. I've just been digging for the last 40 hours, digging inside myself trying to bring all the memories of you to the surface. I'm trying to keep you alive in my heart. I look at pictures from soccer and remember. I think about days cruising around in my little yellow Toyota, looking for trouble. I remember the day you showed up at Cory and Emily's wedding, the first time I'd seen you since you joined the Army. You looked so impressive in uniform. I envied your strength, I felt proud to be your friend. I still do. You will always be my friend, and I will carry that with me for the rest of my life, knowing that one day we'll be able to laugh together again. I can't believe you're gone, it was too soon.

Love,

Wes

1 comment:

  1. Carter,

    I wish I had better words to say right now but I don't. Please know that I miss the hell out of you and that I love you very much. I'll see you again some day. Juice Brothers forever.

    Slainte,

    Malone

    ReplyDelete