Wednesday, November 24, 2010

From Peter Miller

Nick, you will live forever in my heart and mind – and I know in the minds and hearts of countless others. I am truly in shock... at a loss for words I turn to those of another who have touched me in life:
"We all do what we can and it has to be good enough. And if it isn't good enough it still has to do. Nothing is ever lost for us - nothing that can't be found." - SK as JS

Nick, not only in life did you do what you could, especially for others, it was more than good enough. Your and Deanna’s love for me saved my life. I am so grateful to have spent my life knowing you, living with you, and learning from you. Your gift to your country, to your friends and family, and to all of those around you was one of unselfishness, respect and inspiration. It is with great honor and humble respect that I called you my brother and you called me yours. The world was a better place because of you, and that legacy will live on in all that you represented and leave behind. I will forever refer to you as my brother.
My love always, Pete Miller

“Can't see the sense in crying, There's too many tears to fall, My thoughts are multiplying, So I'll try to save them all...” - DM, “Fools”



1 comment:

  1. "Nick and Me bbq’ing outside our apartment after a snow storm – the neighbors (who later became good friends) thought we were insane."

    "Nick, Michelle and Me in NYC Fall 2009. "

    -Peter Miller

    ReplyDelete